18 Sep Do Myths Stand in the Way of Women Getting on Boards?
There is a lot of press these days about board diversity and the FACT that women are underrepresented on boards of directors throughout the world.
Why not? Some writers say this is why not:
- Women do not have the right leadership style.
- Women do not have the right experiences.
- Women are not naturally inclined to take risks.
Are these MYTHS or FACTS? If these are widely held but false beliefs, what should women do about it?
- Should they act like men?
- Should they intrude into the old boys’ networks?
- Should women build up their own power network?
- Should they aggressively build a board career plan?
- Should there be quotas like the country of Norway has set?